Another holiday season is descending upon us (rather quickly, huh?) and I thought there was no better way to get into the gift-giving spirit than by sharing the gifts Mr. Jet and I gave to our amazing families and attendants.
If you're stumped on gifts for your girls and guys, maybe these ideas will inspire!
For the parents...
For all of our parents and Nana, we purchased 8x10 frames to match their home decor with an IOU for a printed wedding photo of their choosing. We also took our parents out for a nice Portuguese feast the night after the wedding as an extra thank you for all of their support.
For the guys...
We bought each of the (adult!) guys one of their favorite craft brews, a ridiculously random bottle opener, and those sweet looking ties they're all rocking! For the youngins, we paid for their attire and got them each a shiny new toy...never fails.
For Mark's brother, BM P, we changed it up and gifted him a handmade cigar box from Etsy seller, ScissorMill
complete with a few of his favorite stogies. Stogi? (Image via ScissorMill)
For the ladies...
These gifts took me quite some time to put together and a lot of sneaky questions to my girls to find out their shoe sizes and favorite wines. Sorry for the deceit, gals! ;)
They each got grey flip flops from Old Navy for when their feet got tired at the reception, a 4x6 frame with our IOU insert matching their home decor (from TJ Maxx/Marshalls), a mirror compact with their first name on it in our wedding colors from Etsy seller, It'sNotBusiness,It'sPersonal
, a bottle of their favorite wine (which I deceptively asked them for under the guise of looking for wines to serve at the reception!), and a canvas tote bag with their first initial on it from Etsy seller, ilu.lily
We could not truly ever thank them all enough for being a part of our special day, but I think booze and monograms were a great start.
If you're looking for inspiration for your attendants, I definitely suggest finding a few key gifts and tailoring them to their liking or having their names or initials engraved. This way, the gifts still felt really personal, but it kept Mr. Jet and I from searching every store for any and everything we thought each of them might like!
Did you gift your bridal party? What'd ya get 'em!?**P.S. the Etsy shops listed above come HIGHLY recommended by Mrs. Jet Setter herself! They were all amazing to work with, kudos to small business!!**
Although Mr. Jet is my very best friend AND lovah - I'd be nowhere without my girls. They're my sounding boards, my shopping mates, my fellow-PMSers, my rocks. I've got 6 super amazing friends from different stages in my life, I'm even lucky enough to call one of them my sister!
Without further ado...my lovely ladies:
Oddly enough, I only have glasses on in one of these photos, but I really wear them almost every day! / Collage via Photovisi
/ Photos personal
TOP: B'Maid E (with special photobomb by Mr. Jet!), MOH J, B'Maid V
BOTTOM: MOH K, B'Maid C, B'Maid M
- B'Maid E is my fashion-forward friend who makes heels always look easy and shares my love of travel, Target and travelling to Target. She lives just a town over from me which makes for great, last-minute shopping trips.
- MOH J is my sister and first friend. We went through our awful "I hate you" stage like most sisters do, but she's my one and only sibling and best advice-giver. She lives in Atlanta now, previously Seattle and who-knows-where-next - Hawaii perhaps with her Hawaiian-born hubs? ;)
- B'Maid V was my middle school friend, high school friend, 4-year college roommate and otherwise my twin. She lives in Jacksonville - perfect for when I need to escape the cold NE winters.
- MOH K has been my bestie since high school - our parents even live across the street from each other! (We may or may not have started a gang in high school called the "Main Street Heat"). She lives a town over from me as well, in the other direction from B'Maid E!
- B'Maid C I've known since she was a wee little lass and we've grown so close over the past 6-7 years. She lives close-by too and I call on her whenever I need tips on how to apply liquid eyeliner or properly curl my hair.
- B'Maid M has been my musical soulmate for years and a total trivia junkie like yours truly. She lives in Western Mass - I often hop out there in the fall when I want to visit my alma mater, UMass Amherst!
I'm very fortunate that all of these ladies have agreed to be a part of our day and all the twine tying, envelope licking, dress bustling, crisis averting stuff that comes along with it!
Rounding out the crew, Mr. Jet has asked his brother (BM P), his best friend (BM K), and two other friends and bandmates (GM K and GM M) to stand up for him.
We also asked Mr. Jet's niece and nephew (JBM A and JGM R) to join the junior ranks. And finally, as our dog-bearer, my little cousin L (DB L)!!
We've got a fantastic crew behind us, can't wait to party with these guys!
I have seven gorgeous bridesmaids of all different shapes, sizes, colors and personalities. Finding a dress to look good everyone and match the theme of our outdoor Fall wedding was a big priority for me. I wanted my most favorite women on earth look and feel great on my wedding day!
Originally, I wasn't into floor length dresses, as I thought they might be too formal for our event. My mind was changed when I entered the wide world of chiffon. At our local bridal salon, we found beautiful, flowing chiffon numbers in great Fall colors that seemed to accent not only my dress, but our modern/rustic theme as well.
Enter, Bari Jay. Bari Jay has been around for over 30 years offering really great styles that will never break the bank. What's better is that they specialize in Bridesmaid dresses so they have real attention to detail and seasonal colors that never seem outdated.
We looked a few options in the floor-length chiffon but had a clear winner pretty quickly.
Here she is, Number 324:
MOH K and B'maid E ROCKING the front/back combo. / Personal photo
My favorite elements of this dress are the sweetheart neckline (which mirrors my gown) and the geometric ruching on the back. The girls ordered the dress in the color Forest, which is a really nice medium, moss green. It's going to tie into our theme perfectly.
It seems as though all the girls are happy with the dress and although I'm pretty sure they'll never ACTUALLY wear them again, I'm secretly hoping they find at least one more use for this lovely little number!